The Ministry of Groove

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rescue at Rivenroar

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

101 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:22 am

The Minister wrote:Sean, how is Jael getting to B8? The only path I'm seeing provokes an OA from the ogre.

I thought the barrel would be a ranged weapon and not threaten. If that is not the case, there are two possible options. The first would be moving through the hobgob, which I am not sure whether that is possible. I know it would provoke from the hobgob, though maybe not since he is ranged... The other is taking the OA from the Ogre. Which is fine if the former isn't allowed, especially since him attacking me will provoke from Vim.



Last edited by Sean on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

102 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:26 am

Knisleyisadick wrote:
d20 14+6+2(flanking)+2(combat advantage)=24
FYI: flanking grants combat advantage, so it is the same +2 bonus

View user profile

103 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:12 pm

Your right, I was tired when I posted it and wasn't thinking clearly, also sean there is no need to do a flank this round because you already have combat advantage because of warden's fury until I act which is after you, sorry for metagaming but I don't think he realized what my power did.

View user profile

104 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Knisleyisadick wrote:Your right, I was tired when I posted it and wasn't thinking clearly, also sean there is no need to do a flank this round because you already have combat advantage because of warden's fury until I act which is after you, sorry for metagaming but I don't think he realized what my power did.

Ah, I had missed that he provoked from you and got hit, well in that case E9 works if the Ogre threatens his squares (ah, just noticed the mention of the club. Ok, E9 it is, same action otherwise).

View user profile

105 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:59 pm

Torment

avatar
Teh Eagleman
Sorry took so long to reply I have been busy lately.

Move : E7

Standard

Shout of Triumph - Encounter Power
Close Burst 3
+4 V Fort
Targetting Each Enemy in Blast

Hit 1d6 + 4 Thunder and you push the target 1 square

Effect: You slide each ally in the blast a number of squares equal to your constitution Modifier(+3)

If this occurs The Ogre goes back one Square as well as both hobgoblins.

Slide Jael from E9 to C9
Slide Vim from E8 to C6
this should give them both flanking on the ogre, I will slide one up to be in contact with the Ogre at D8.

hopefully this hits

View user profile

106 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:56 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Outside the Antler and Thistle

The flames surrounding the ogre swell up and expand outwards, although they are somewhat cool to the members of the party. Another ball of flame then springs up between the hobgoblin on the cart and the ogre, and just sort of sits there.

Jael runs up and moving with amazing speed, cuts into the ogre twice.

Vim shifts to engage both creatures by him and cuts a wound into the ogre.

Radiant bolts fly out of Squarfly's staff but fly harmless over the hobgoblin's head. She feels alone. So alone.

Bruno swaggers up to the ogre and lets loose a weird ululation. The ogre seems unaffected, but the hobgoblin's mind is pierced by the sound. The noise also compels Jael and Vim to dance about, circling around the ogre.

The ogre, enraged and bloodied from being engulfed by flames, takes a mighty windup with his club and smashes Vim, hard. Radiant light trickles onto him from Jael after the hit.

The hobgoblin on the cart backs up, picks up a longbow, and shoots an arrow at Bruno, which hits him directly in the face. The other one jumps out of the fire and shoots at Jael, but the arrow goes astray as he is bathed in radiant light.


Code:

ROUND THREE
--->18  Soveless      20/20 
--->18  Jael          27/27
--->17  Vim            20/40            Bloodied
--->14  Nyx            28/28
--->12  Squarfly      26/26
--->10  Bruno          14/28            Bloodied
    8    Ogre          70 damage        Oathed by Jael, Marked by Vim, Cursed by Nyx, Bloodied
    8    Hobgoblin C5  9 damage
    8    Hobgoblin C10 37 damage        Bloodied, Marked by Vim



Soveless' flaming sphere misses Hobgoblin C5 with 9 Reflex.
Jael hits Ogre with 28 AC for 20 damage.
Jael hits Ogre with 19 AC for 7 damage.
Nyx hits Hobgoblin C10 with 21 Will for 12 psychic damage.
Vim hits Ogre with 22 AC for 5 damage.
Squarfly misses Hobgoblins with 11 Reflex.
Bruno misses Ogre with 12 Fort.
Bruno hits Hobgoblin C10 with 17 Fort for 6 thunder damage.
Ogre takes 2 fire damage from area fire.
Ogre takes 6 fire damage from Flaming Sphere.
Ogre hits Vim with 26 AC for 22 damage.
Ogre takes 8 radiant damage.
Hobgoblin C5 takes 2 fire damage from area fire.
Hobgoblin C5 takes 7 fire damage from Flaming Sphere.
Hobgoblin C5 crits Bruno for 14 damage.
Hobgoblin C10 takes 2 fire damage from area fire.
Hobgoblin C10 misses Jael with 10 AC.
Hobgoblin C10 takes 8 radiant damage.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

107 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Jael


Bond of Retribution vs Ogre
Wisdom (+7 +2 for flank) (roll 2d20 and take the higher due to Oath of Enmity)vs. AC Hit: 1d10+4 (+2 for Aspect of might) radiant damage The first time an
enemy other than the target hits or misses you before
the end of your next turn, the target takes radiant
damage equal to your Intelligence modifier

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes to ensure a hit (I assume you will tell me once this gets used up)
(and neither of the hobgobs threaten their squares, yes?)

Also, if anyone decides to hit the Ogre with an encounter or better power, I will use Divine Guidance to let them roll twice and pick the better.

View user profile

108 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Vim

Staggered, but not giving up. Grim determination...

Minor Action: Form of Winter's Herald
+1 to ac, resist 5 cold damage, each square within 2 squares of me is difficult terrain for my enemies. I keep this until the end of the encounter.
Standard Action: Winter's Herald Attack, close burst one
+6 attack, 1d10+4 damage Cold immobilized (save ends). If miss they take half damage and immobilized until end of my next turn.

Free Action: Nature's Fury Ogre

Move action: shift to 5 E. If by chance the ogre dies I want to move to B 4. And assuming the ogre die which I doubt instead I will then use a free action against the hobgoblin, Nature's Fury

d20 roll: 5+6+2 (Flanking)=13 (sigh, can't complain was on a really good streak)
d10 roll:8+4=12

I don't think you would want to use you ability on me, even if I miss which I still do some damage and place immobilize on the ogre. Hopefully the ogre will go down within this or the next round.

View user profile

109 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Vim
Oh btw when C10 attacked Jael,was he currently within 5 spaces of me, I think C 11 counts but I'm not sure? If he was I get to use Warden's Grasp, I get to slide him one space and he is then slowed and cannot shift for his next turn. If this was the case I wanted to slide him back into the fire in C 10

View user profile

110 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:45 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Vim: That's fine. Thought I managed to get away from any immediate actions, but I forgot that Wardens get that burst thing.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

111 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Soveliss
Seeing that the others have the ogre pretty well handled, Soveliss directs his sphere to the hobgoblin. Glancing back at Squarfly, he says, "Would you mind making sure the hobbe to the right doesn't get away? I've got the left one covered."

Minor Action: Sustain Flaming Sphere
Move Action: Move Flaming Sphere to B5 to target the hobgoblin and so Vim doesn't take damage from the sphere (Flaming Sphere does not distinguish between friend and foe)
Standard Action: +5 vs. Reflex on the hobgoblin, 2d6+5 fire damage.

The Area flame ends at the end of my turn.

View user profile

112 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Nyx
"We need to finish this soon. I'm not losing six months worth of notes over some hobgoblin rabble."
---------------------------------------
How did I get to G12 and did my curse miss somehow? :p
If the curse missed, cursing C11 for my minor. Eldritch Blast C11 for my standard and I'll end my turn with a move to K10.
Eldritch Blast Ranged 10
Target C11
Charisma(+4) vs Reflex
1d10+4(Cha) damage
+1d6 damage from Warlock's Curse

View user profile

113 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:25 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Nyx: Crap. Forgot to mention that in the last post. I moved you there because technically you have to end your movement three squares from your origin to benefit from Shadow Walk, and you can only curse the closest enemy. Ending your movement where you had mentioned would only be 2 squares, and the ogre would be closer than the hobgoblin. The hobgoblin was in fact cursed last turn.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

114 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Torment

avatar
Teh Eagleman
Bruno looks at the ogres club and wonders how far can you put that up the "poopenschafte" before its dangerous? but figures the ogre can't understand him. Bruno digresses with two thrusts with his longsword.




Minor - Encounter Power (1st Use)
Majestic Word
Burst 5 -- Targetting Myself

I gain a Healing Surge + 4 HP (11 HP)
I will not use the ability to slide.

Standard

War Song Strike - At-Will
+8 V AC
Targeting the Ogre

1d8+4 Damage any ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn gains temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modified(+3)

Action Point:

Guiding Strike At-Will
+8 V AC
Targeting the Ogre

1d8+4 Damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to the defense of my choice (AC) until the end of your next turn.

If the ogre by chance drops before I am able to do this move to the closest hobgoblin.

View user profile

115 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Squarfly

Squarfly runs albeit rather slowly to a clearing in the road. Then Squarfly says "From my staff flows but part of the rage Moradin feels for you!" As she points her staff at the ogre and a hobgoblin.




Move to G9
use Divine Bolts on the ogre (if its still alive, else the other hobgoblin) and the far rightmost hobgoblin.

Against ogre (or C4 hobgob): 12 + 5 = 17 vs reflex for 6(Roll)+5(Wis)+2(Wrath) = 13 damage
Against C11 hogbog: 11 + 5 = 16 vs reflex for 1(Roll) + 5 (Wis) + 2(Wrath) = 8 damage

Sorry for taking so long, the e-mail alerts stopped coming.

View user profile

116 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Outside the Antler and Thistle

Soveless stands far from the battle with his eyes half closed, concentrating on the giant sphere he has conjured. Like a massive boulder, it rolls towards the hobgoblin on the cart, and suddenly it flares up, catching the creature off guard.

Jael, taking advantage of her new position, swings at the ogre and connects yet again.

Vim takes the opportunity provided by his ally to suddenly transform. His skin turns a light shade of blue, and frost begins appearing all over his body. It doesn't stop there however; as his feet connect with the earth, the frost spreads out, encompassing the entire area with a thin sheet of ice. Jael and Bruno seem to be able to keep their footing, but the hobgoblin and ogre struggle to keep their balance. Vim then swings at the ogre, but his frosty arm simply bounces of the creature's thick skin, leaving just a smidge of ice in its place.

Nyx fires off another blast at the hobgoblin, hitting only air. Running away from the battle, his outline then again becomes shimmering and wavy.

This time the bolts from Squarfly's staff connect with both of her targets. She smiles slightly to herself as the hobgoblin breathes its last breath.

Bruno reasserts himself and makes up a quick poem about the club and what the ogre could possibly do with it, but it distracts him so much that his swing completely misses. He shakes his head a bit, hair flowing in the night air, then smashes the ogre right in the face. The ogre shakes his head a bit, gives a mighty bellow, then sinks to the ground still connected to his yoke.

The remaining hobgoblin, seeing his partners are now dead, drops his bow and falls to his knees. "Yield, I yield!" he shouts in Common.



Soveless hits Hobgoblin C5 with 16 Reflex for 13 fire damage.
Jael hits Ogre with 23 AC for 15 radiant damage.
Vim misses Ogre with 13 AC but still does 12/2 = 6 cold damage.
Nyx misses Hobgoblin C10 with 10 Reflex.
Squarfly hits Ogre with 17 Reflex for 13 damage.
Squarfly hits Hobgoblin C10 with 16 Reflex for 8 damage, killing it.
Nyx's pact boon triggers.
Bruno misses Ogre with 12 AC.
Bruno crits Ogre for 12 damage, killing it.
Nyx's pact boon triggers.
Short Rest Ahoy!

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

117 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:45 am

Soveliss
Walking over to the remaining hobgoblin, he moves the flaming sphere behind it, reminding him of the threat. Shortly after, it dissipates. Flourishing his sword to hold it upright, he points it at the hobgoblin.

"Talk."

I can only sustain the flaming sphere until the end of the encounter Sad

Quick question: When is experience doled out? Extended rest, milestone, or end of adventure?

View user profile

118 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:54 am

Vim
Use 2 healing surges to get full health, And then I follow Soveless's lead brandishing my weapon against the goblin.
"Who is Sinruth..."

View user profile

119 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 pm

Nyx
---------------------------------------------------
Ah, that makes sense. Sorry, I keep forgetting about only cursing the nearest target.

Move to within a square of the hobgoblin.
Warlock's Curse the hobgoblin as minor action.

"Answer the questions the first time. I have too much blood on my hands already."
Intimidate as standard action.

View user profile

120 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:04 am

Jael

I survey the area for fires and work to put out what ones there are.

(assuming I see some fires to put out)
"Wizard, you seem very proficient at extinguishing fires. Might you lend me a hand?"

View user profile

121 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:08 am

Squarfly

Squarfly sighs mightily as she sees the death and destruction around her. She walks up to the hobgoblin and says calmy, "Why would you attack a village such as this?"

Squarfly then walks over to the tavern owner and asks, "What do you know of this group who has attacked you? Is your town normally peaceful or has this been a regular occurance as of late?"


Woohoo! I have an action point!

View user profile

122 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:41 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Outside the Antler and Thistle

The group heads over to the lone hobgoblin as Jervis returns with a bucket to pour on the remaining fire burning in the street. Seeing everyone advance on it, the poor creature starts visibly shaking and glances around, suddenly making a break for it. Unfortunately for it, that break is directly in the path of an advancing patrol of city guard that just turned the corner. The hobgoblin smacks right into the front guard's shield and drops to the ground, out cold. "Don't think you're getting away that easily, gobbo scum," the guard says. He then turns to the group. "You're the people responsible for taking down this beast?" he asks, motioning to the ogre. A sizable crowd starts to gather as the guard waits patiently for a response.

Jael notices that most of the fire in this area has been contained by Jervis' bucket brigade. In the distance parts of the town do burn a bit.

Jervis walks up and answers Squarfly's question while the guards advance. "Nah, town's been pretty peaceful save for that matter 30 years ago. Yeh take your chances when yeh wander out in tha wilderness, but no one's been attacked in town like this before."

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

123 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Squarfly

Squarfly asks Jervis, "What happened 30 years ago?"



I'll try and stay on the fringe of the group, letting others speak to the town guard.

View user profile

124 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Jael

Jael wanders over to the ogre and begins cleaning her sword on it, all the while looking knowingly at the guard. She examines her sword in the light to ensure it is clean and simply utters, "Yes." As she sheathes her weapon, she mutters to herself, "Vile scum."

Approaching the guard, Jael pushes back her hood revealing her face, and with a unique countenance inquires, "Are there any remaining pockets of scum left in town in need of a swift... resolution?"



Last edited by Sean on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

125 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:50 pm

Vim

Vim walks over to the ogre's body and see if there is something useful he can find on the ogre or the dead hobgoblins. He then directs his attention to the hobogoblin and guard and says "I still want to know who this Sinruth is."

View user profile

126 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:30 pm

Soveliss

Soveliss stares blandly at the hobgoblin slumped on the ground. Upon hearing Jael ask for assistance putting out the fires, he sheathes his sword. Carefully, and with meticulous patience, he removes the leather lashing around his orb.

"Shirak"

Holding his orb in his hands, it begins to glow with a pale blue light. Glancing at the fires around town, he makes off toward them, snuffing out the ones he can with his cantrips, joining bucket brigades when necessary. He attempts to aid anyone along the way who needs it, though his healing skills are particularly limited.

(Edit)While going around town, helping with the fires, he looks to see if this town has a wall around it. If it does, Soveliss wonders how the creatures got in without at least raising an alarm.

After he helps where he can, he heads back to the tavern to pay for his meal.
"Jervis, you said your name was? You said your brother owns an inn. Where might that be again? In the excitement I misplaced the directions you gave me. Here's a little extra to help with damages. The potatoes were delicious."


Prestidigitation can put out up to campfire-sized fires. Healing skill is +2. Extra 10 gold to help with repairs and restocking.



Last edited by RandMuadDib on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to learn if the town has walls.)

View user profile

127 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:57 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Outside the Antler and Thistle

As Soveliss takes off in search of more fires to put out, Jervis turns to Squarfly. "You must not be from around here," he says with a laugh. "About thirty years ago this large clan of goblins rose up out of nowhere and started attacking towns on the fringe of civilization. Towns like this one." He shakes his head. "For a while it got pretty bad. Every day there'd be a raid in town. People were scared. Couldn't even live without wondering if you were gonna survive tha day. Finally some of the council members decided to do somethin about it. Put out a notice to tha neighboring regions in search of goblin hunters." He shifts uneasily, obviously not accustomed to talking this much at once. "Finally, when we thought the whole town would be lost, this group of 5 outsiders showed up. They cleaned up our town and trained the guards, taking a small group of them out into the wilderness, hunting down the vile creatures to their own lair." He pauses. "Things have been quiet ever since."

The head guard nods in respect at Jael. "You did well to stop these creatures. Pelor knows what destruction could have befallen us if these casks had hit their marks. With regard to your other question, I believe we have everything-"

"MARCUS! MARCUS! MARCUS!"

The guard is suddenly interrupted by a younger man's voice piercing the night air. Another guard, obviously lower in rank, runs up the street towards the group. His uniform is tattered, as though he has just been through a great ordeal. "There's another wave of them coming! Down by the bridge! We were managing to hold them off, but we see them in the distance and there's too many! We need more soldiers!" The man then stops screaming to catch his breath.

Marcus turns towards the group with a wry look on his face. "I hope for Brindol's sake there's still some fight left in you this night," he says, half questioningly, half ordering.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

128 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 am

Jael
If I know where the bridge is, I immediately run off toward it. If I don't:
Looking to the soldiers, "One of you, show me where the bridge and the trouble is. I have some business to attend to."

View user profile

129 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:50 am

Squarfly

Looking calmly at Jervis, Squarfly says, "It appears the evil has returned. Thank you for sharing your knowledge Jervis, I appreciate it. I believe I have some goblins to attend to!"


I go along with the guard (or ahead of it if possible, but I doubt that considering my movement...) To the Bridge.

View user profile

130 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:38 pm

I'll help out if my fire-chasing leads me toward the bridge

View user profile

131 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:26 pm

Nyx
"I guess I'm not going to see any rest til they're all dead then?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I keep looking up to the stars, talking to myself while I head over to thr bridge. As much as possible I'm trying to stay out of sight while keeping up with the group (not necessarily using Stealth, but relying more on Shadow Walk).

View user profile

132 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:12 pm

Vim
Sigh with displeasure over not getting the information I wanted. Draw my weapon and shield and follow Jael

View user profile

133 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:32 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
The Streets of Brindol

Taking the group's eagerness to be a positive sign, Marcus turns towards the other guards. "Come along, men. We've got a bridge to defend!" The small entourage then begins to make its way through town.

On the way there, which leads through the main market area, you can see that although the destruction that has been wrough tonight hasn't caused much damage, it is very widespread. There is barely a street that you pass by that doesn't have a small fire threatening to burn out of control. This attack seems to be nothing more than a nuisance, but a large nuisance none the less.

At one of these fires, the group sees Soveliss helping to contain the blaze. Seeing the rest of the group, he quickly falls into place after summoning one final torrent of water.

**********

About ten minutes later, the group and guards arrive at the bridge. There is no sight of the orc brigade, but a few guards still stand watch, tending to one of their own. Marcus steps out ahead of the group. "Edward, give me a report! What's happened here?"

A large human, of about the same stature as Marcus, stands up and heads towards the group. "They came at us as soon as Norman here left to get help. There were so many, they overwhelmed us. They barely stopped to finish off any of us, just kept moving towards the center of town. Almost like they were looking for something. Then, as quickly as they came, they left. We just finished running the last of them out before you got here. I sent the rest of the men to patrol the streets, make sure none of them are hiding here for anymore surprises during the night."

Marcus shakes his head slightly. "Never would I have expected this to happen." He turns to the group. "I thank you for your help, and your eagerness to assist us. It seems the worst is behind us for now. You look tired; why don't you run off somewhere for the night and rest up. If you're up for it in the morning, I'm sure there will be plenty of rebuilding to help with."



Thus concludes the first day. Unless anyone has anything else specific to do, I'll assume you head off to the inn for an extended rest. Also, to answer the question of XP, I will be handing them out during each extended rest. So on that note, each of you can gain 105 xp. Also, to Sean's roommate, I haven't forgot about you, we can assume you were already at the inn and will be joining the group in the morning.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

134 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:41 am

Jael

"It is Marcus, right? What is at the center of town that they could be after?"

After receiving my answer I will head to the inn.

View user profile

135 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:08 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Marcus turns to Jael. "To be honest, it could be anything. Our town hall is there, the museum, a sort of shrine to the defenders of Brindol in years past, as well as our large marketplace. They could have just been interested in causing as much destruction as possible, or stealing supplies from our businesses. We probably won't know until the morning, when all the damage has been surveyed."

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

136 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:12 pm

Jael
If the center of town is on the way to the inn, I will stop by and see if I can tell what they broke into. If not, I will just head straight to the inn.

View user profile

137 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:10 pm

Soveliss
"How did the first wave of hobgoblins get into town? Did they overrun you here at the bridge, or did they climb over the walls?"

After Soveliss gets an answer (or finds himself being ignored) he heads to the center of town to take a quick look at the museum. Is it damaged? Was it broken into? If he can get inside, does anything appear to be missing? Then he goes to the Inn to meditate for the night.

View user profile

138 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Squarfly

Squarfly says, "I must talk to Jervis." and moves away from the group.




I want to ask Jervis "Who were these 5 adventurers you spoke of? Can you tell me more about them and the circumstances under which this happened 30 years ago?"

I will then go to the inn and rest until morning.

View user profile

139 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:49 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Brindol

Jael and Soveliss retrace their steps, quickly finding themselves at the center of town. While it was not readily apparent on their first trip by, now that they have time to look around it is indeed a very large market area. A large nondescript fountain is situated in the center square, with several stalls and shops surrounding it. A taller building a few streets down suggests the city hall that Marcus had mentioned.

Additionally, a more squat but sprawling building nearby currently is a flutter with activity. Smouldering plumes of smoke still remain, evidence of the many fires that have just been put that recently engulfed the outer walls of the place. About a dozen people with buckets mull about, trying to sort through the mess that has been left inside. Even from this distance, it's quite clear that the goblins' goal of disruption has been successful. One member of the bucket brigade notices you watching the scene and approaches. "I saw you at the inn, dealing with that Ogre. A pity there weren't some sort of duplicating device, could have used a dozen more fellows like you over here. Don't bother going inside - it's a total mess. We probably won't know what's been stolen til morning at least."

**************************************
Back at the inn, Jervis is finishing sweeping up the rest of the mess from earlier when Squarfly approaches him. "Ye want ta here more about those adventurers from before? I wish I could help ye, but not much was known about them. As I recall they were mostly human, I think a dwarf and an elf in there too. But they weren't much for sticking around in one place, ye know? They came in, did the job, and when the gold had exchanged hands they were on their way. I guess we should be greatful, I mean, the town is greatful, but..." His voice trails off for a minute. "That's something about adventurers. They never get tied down to a particular place.

No offense to ye, of course."

***************************************
With the fire situation tended to and the goblins run out of town, there is nothing left to do but find a room with a bed. Down the street from the tavern you find the inn that Jervis had mentioned earlier. Turning in for the night, sleep comes quickly.

In the morning you awaken to find a note slipped under your respective doors. It reads:

Greetings adventurer! No doubt we are thankful for your quick action and brave deeds last night. But today is a new day, and one that offers just as many challenges as the day before. If you wish to offer your service yet again to a town that will be forever in your debt, please meet outside the town hall at your earliest convenience.

Signed,
Councilman Eoffram Troyas
on behalf of the Brindol Town Council

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

140 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Jael

Jael looks at the note, "This shall serve as a reminder of how this all started." Jael packs her things, and the note into her bag and proceeds quickly to the town hall.

View user profile

141 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Squarfly

Squarfly queitly reads the note and after a quick breakfast, makes her way to the town hall.

View user profile

142 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:05 am

Vim

Vim reads over the note, gives a slight shrug. First he heads to the tavern to grab a quick beer and then leaves for outside the town hall.

View user profile

143 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 am

Soveliss

He prepares Rolling Thunder as his daily power then goes to the town hall, skipping breakfast.

View user profile

144 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:57 am

Torment

avatar
Teh Eagleman
Ach, "mien poopenshafte" doesn't think the ogre mallet should fit as far as it did and for that it aches for some time.

Bruno reads the note to himself cheerly humming a tune and walks out the door to the town hall.

View user profile

145 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Nyx
After waking up and finding the note, I hide it in my boot and head downstairs for breakfast. If I see anyone suspicious, like slipping a note under my door suspicious or really anyone watching me, I'll follow them. Otherwise I head to the townhall expecting an ambush.

View user profile

146 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:13 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Sorry about the delay again; settling into the new semester, things should be a bit regular from here on out

Outside the Brindol Town Hall
After your various morning activities, you quickly hurry over to the town hall, meeting your brothers-in-arms as it were, from the night before. There is a new face also; a dragonborn carrying a longsword and wearing some hide armor. Before there is a chance to inquire of his actions, a tall and thin half-elf steps out of the town hall. His walk is very proper, suggesting one born from an upper class of citizenry, and his presence here in this small town on the fringes of civilization immediately strikes you as odd.

He raises a hand in greeting. "Fair morning, adventurers. I am Eoffram Troyas, town councilman. I am pleased to make your acquaintence after learning of your good deeds in the defense of our town last night." His voice is pleasant, of one well-versed in addressing crowds.

"These goblins that attacked us, they are quite the nuiscence, yes? Seasons past they were content to scavenge about in the forests outside of town, but last night's actions show that their are becoming more bold in their actions. One might be tempted to write this off as just a survival method; perhaps their clan has outgrown what the forest can provide for them. Indeed, this was my first conclusion."

He pauses, shifting his weight as he takes a moment before continuing.

"But, this is not the case. We have new evidence, from the historical society, that shows me the folly of my earlier assumption. This was a deliberate attack on Brindol." His voice rises slightly. "Several historical artifacts have been reported as being missing. Coincidentally, these are all items that have significance to our town; they were used thirty years ago, when our town last had dealings with a goblin menace. Additionally, several people have been reported as missing. Our own people, citizens of Brindol, are now hostages of those vile creatures!"

Eoffram brings a hand to his temple, bows his head slightly, then continues in a more even voice.

"This will not stand. It is clear these goblins wanted to send a message to us. And we must send one back."

He opens his eyes, and turns to each one of you in turn, pausing slightly to lock onto your gaze.

"I, on behalf of the town of Brindol, ask you to be the bearers of this message. Go to the goblins' lair and let them know we are not afraid. Recover our missing artifacts and townspeople, whatever the cost. Kill all the bastards if you have to.

The council has deep coffers, and we can offer you great rewards when you return victorious. If you need more information, you may want to step over to the main square. One of the larger ones that you helped incapacitate last night has been taken their to be put on display in the stocks. The public will take their frustration out on him, but no true satisfaction will come for these people until our town has been restored whole again."

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

147 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:59 am

Soveliss

Soveliss goes to the square, where the hobgoblins are being held, picking up a particularly sharp rock or stick along the way, something that can easily be wielded in one hand. Pressing the sharp object to the face of one of the hobgoblins near its eye, he says:

"You will tell us where you come from. If this does not happen, I will remove your eyes, your hands, your tongue, and your teeth, then set you about to be on your way."


I dare not roll an intimidation check, for I shall surely fail. I will participate if someone else desires to roll one, and this will be my aid another action, granting them a +2. I rolled a 19, -1 for my skill, to get a result of 18, passing my DC 10 check to grant someone a +2 on their check.

View user profile

148 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:19 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
You're jumping a bit ahead in the action, for upcoming is a glorious SKILL CHALLENGE. I'll let the other characters linger in the previous scene for a bit if they'd like to talk to the councilman some more, and once everyone's satisfied we'll move along. I'll consider your action used for the first round of the skill challenge, so when we get to it, anyone that would like to use Intimidate will have a +2 bonus.

In the meantime, I'll briefly explain how I'm going to run the skill challenges online. Everyone must act in a "round" (won't be doing strict initiative, but everyone must contribute in some way before anyone can do a second action.) When I say round, it truly acts like that; you get a standard, move, and minor action to act with, which comes in handy with some class features and utility powers later on, and you can spend an action point to gain another action. Actions will primarily be making a skill check to contribute to the situation, or using the "aid another" action to help someone else's skill check. There will be a list of primary skills associated with each challenge, but other skills may be used if you justify it in game, albeit at a higher DC than the primary ones. Any questions, we can discuss in the rules thread.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

149 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:09 am

Jael
"The goblins shall know my fury and wrath. I assume one of them leads the others, for this could not have happened as merely a mob attack. That one shall know my oath will be to remove it from this plane of existence, and it shall fear me before this is over."

I'll head along to question the goblin with Sovellis after my obligatory swearing of death onto the enemy.

View user profile

150 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:40 am

Squarfly
"I shall act as a messenger for the village, showing these goblins the pitfalls of kidnapping, stealing and severe vandalism!"



I will go along with the group and I will wait until people make their actions, I will then roll an insight check to check to see how our efforts are affecting the monster's attitude and maybe to see how helpful diplomacy might be... i.e. if he's friendly (probably not, but oh well, it's worth a shot!)

I rolled a 13 + 10 = 23.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum