The Ministry of Groove

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rescue at Rivenroar

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

151 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Vim
Can I use heal involving torture??? I suppose that would be out of character... Draw my weapon and follow Soveliss' lead and assist with intimidate.
Roll 2-1=1 (failure:()
Can I do something using athletics to enhance any intimidate say break something?

View user profile

152 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:56 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Brindol Town Square

The conversation with Councilman Troyas comes to a close, and you make your way to cross the town square and see a bit of a crowd gathering on the opposite side. Passing the large fountain, you push your way through the crowd a bit to see what the spectacle is. With feet bound in shackles and head and arms secured in stocks, before you lies the hobgoblin from last night. His wounds have been bandaged, but a number of rotten tomatoes lying on the ground and covering the front of the stocks indicate that his treatment by the citizens of Brindol hasn't been completely kind. Two city guard stand on either side of him, watching as the occasional townsfolk hurtles insults and more rotten vegetables at the creature.

The hobgoblin looks up at you, his eyes weary from his treatment, and says, "I ain't saying nothin' unless you people let me go."




SKILL CHALLENGE: CURRENT STATUS - 5 SUCCESSES 0 FAILURES
Primary skills include Bluff, Diplomacy, History, Intimidate.

Vim - Assist with Intimidate - fail to assist
Squarfly - Insight - SUCCESS. You determine that talking peacefully with the hobgoblin will probably work out in your favor. You also determine that this hobgoblin, from his behavior last night, is probably high up in the ranks and probably knows a bit about how things operate within their army.
Soveliss - Assist with Intimidate - successfully assist(+2 to someone else's Intimidate this round)
Nyx - Bluff - SUCCESS.
Bruno - Diplomacy - SUCCESS.
Jael - History - SUCCESS.
Garrek - Intimidate - SUCCESS.

Characters with ???? have yet to act in the current round.

Vim, next round you could roll an Athletics as your skill to grant someone a +2 to Intimidate.

First round completed, I'll post a more story-oriented description of the round when I get home from work tonight.



Last edited by The Minister on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:31 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

153 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Jael
History it is. I think I have a +5, but I don't have access to my character sheet at this moment so maybe double check that on the iplay site before you roll if it would make a difference.

View user profile

154 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:35 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Sean wrote:Jael
History it is. I think I have a +5, but I don't have access to my character sheet at this moment so maybe double check that on the iplay site before you roll if it would make a difference.

Jael's character sheet has been mysteriously replaced on my iPlay panel by Garrek's. Not sure what happened there.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

155 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:38 pm

The Minister wrote:
Sean wrote:Jael
History it is. I think I have a +5, but I don't have access to my character sheet at this moment so maybe double check that on the iplay site before you roll if it would make a difference.

Jael's character sheet has been mysteriously replaced on my iPlay panel by Garrek's. Not sure what happened there.

lol, do I need to re-share it with you once I get home then?

View user profile

156 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Nyx

I Warlock's Curse the hobgoblin and then try Bluffing.

"I know you're just being used by the higher ups and I can probably get you out of here unharmed, but you've got to give us something to work with. Names, locations, et cetera.

View user profile

157 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:11 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Sean wrote:
The Minister wrote:
Sean wrote:Jael
History it is. I think I have a +5, but I don't have access to my character sheet at this moment so maybe double check that on the iplay site before you roll if it would make a difference.

Jael's character sheet has been mysteriously replaced on my iPlay panel by Garrek's. Not sure what happened there.

lol, do I need to re-share it with you once I get home then?

Yeah, that would probably be for the best.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

158 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:47 pm

The Minister wrote:
Sean wrote:
The Minister wrote:
Sean wrote:Jael
History it is. I think I have a +5, but I don't have access to my character sheet at this moment so maybe double check that on the iplay site before you roll if it would make a difference.

Jael's character sheet has been mysteriously replaced on my iPlay panel by Garrek's. Not sure what happened there.

lol, do I need to re-share it with you once I get home then?

Yeah, that would probably be for the best.

Re-Shared, and yes it appears to be a +5

View user profile

159 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 am

Torment

avatar
Teh Eagleman
If you tell us what you know and where your encampment is, I will show you a small trick I can do with that Ogres Mallet, It will just Disappear! and if you are good we will let you go prehaps.

*Turns Away with the mallet* *Turns back the mallet is gone but there is a rather large bump on his back, but the handle is mysteriously not there.

It Just Disappears!

Diplomacy +9

View user profile

160 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:00 pm

After pausing to look askance at Bruno's 'trick', Garrek gets a gleam in his eye. Approaching the Hobgoblin, Garrek informs him in a conversational tone, "You know, you should really consider co-operating here, or this funny fellow here", Garrek pauses to gesture at Bruno, "might decide to try 'disappearing' some other things... in a place more uncomfortable for you. Or if you prefer, my other short-tempered friend here", at this point Garrek nods at Soveliss, "might decide to start 'disappearing' some of YOUR 'parts'".

Intimidate at +10 after the Aid from Soveliss.

(I assume I'm not aware of Squarfly's insightful appraisal of the situation. If I am aware of the results I would instead try to Aid with a Diplomacy check with my piddly +1 bonus)

View user profile

161 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:34 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Brindol Town Square

Squarfly stares at the hobgoblin a bit, finally realizing that this one probably knows some information that would be beneficial to the group. Peaceably talking with it may be the easiest route to go, she determines.

Jael also stares, her gaze directed more at the symbol on the creature's armor. It is a red fist, clenched, positioned downward. Recalling some obscure lore of the region, she realizes it bears a similarity to the symbol used by the goblin raiders from thirty years ago.

Nyx steps up to the creature, and after studying it for a minute, turns on his silver tongue. Promises of being set free visibly light up the hobgoblin's eyes. Unfortunately, the guards also here this. One gives the prisoner a stern look. "Don't think you're getting out of here that easily."

Bruno steps forward and performs his trick. Several people in the crowd are visibly upset by this, and the guards give him a look, but the hobgoblin seems amused.

Finally, Garrek, Vim, and Soveliss step up. Soveliss gets right in the creature's face, and as he threatens him the guards shift a bit, obviously disturbed by this threat of violence. Garrek hangs back and throws out some stern words at the creature. He takes a look up at Soveliss, who is still holding the sharp stick to his face, then slumps down and finally speaks.

"Alright, I can tell you what I know. Sinruth won't be happy though. He's the leader of us, and he recruited us to his army to make a kingdom of his own. Our lair is about a day's journey from here. If you had some parchment I could probably draw a map for you."

One of the guards retrieves some for the hobgoblin, and he proceeds to make some crude symbols on the paper.

"Just follow this trail north out of town til you get to the mountains. Follow the base of the mountains east til you see a giant boulder. There should be a cave near the boulder - it leads into a short tunnel that exits in a clearing. There's a large castle there - it's been empty for some time and we've been using it as a lair." He pauses. "Empty except for the dead things in the basement. That's why Sinruth told us to capture some people. He wants to use them to keep the dead things at bay. So they don't eat us instead."

One of the guards, after staring at the hobgoblin's "map," pipes up. "He must be talking about Castle Rivenroar. The Rivenroars were a noble family from long ago. I think a couple other families used that place as their burial grounds as well."




Congratulations on completing your first skill challenge. Any more specific questions can be directed at the hobgoblin or the guards. Otherwise, he explains the map well enough so you know where you're heading. It being early morning still, you can get to the castle by sundown tonight.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

162 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Soveliss
"I wish to take a short meal before heading out. How soon can everyone else be ready?"

Soveliss goes back to the Inn to get all of his stuff, grab some very quick breakfast, and then back to meet the others, prepared to head out.

View user profile

163 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:46 am

Jael
"I am ready now. Though, perhaps the Councilman could spare some basic provisions for our journey. I will go find out, I do not expect to be long. I will meet you all just outside the gates."

I will go see if the Councilman can spare some water and rations for the trip. In addition, I will also ask him if the town has any records on Castle Rivenroar.

View user profile

164 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 am

Nyx

I wonder how I got mixed up with this band of scoundrels, but maybe if I stay with them a sign will be shown. After breakfast of course.

View user profile

165 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:11 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Jael quickly hurries back to the town hall to find the outside deserted. Stepping inside to a small quaintly decorated lobby, she sees a hallway opposite her with four doors. One of the doors is open, and a small placard on the wall indicates "Councilman Troyas." He is currently inside at a desk working on some paperwork. Seeing Jael, he stands up. "Oh, yes, Jael was it? Something else you needed?"

After being given some pull with the local shop for supplies, Troyas addresses Jael's second question. "Castle Rivenroar, eh? I'm new in town myself, only been here a couple of seasons. I can't say I know much about the surrounding area." He leans back in his chair, deep in thought. "The only thing I can recall is that the families in that castle were considered outsiders in this area. Hope that helps." He shrugs sheepishly, unable to be of any more assistance.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

166 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:28 am

Jael
I assume my insight with a +4 doesn't cause me to be suspicious of the Councilman.
"Might we also borrow some horses? I would prefer to arrive at the castle with as much daylight left as possible."

Satisfied with the information the councilman provided, Jael heads off to the stables to gather the horses (if allowed to borrow the horses) and to the shop to procure basic supplies for the journey.
If it is along the way, Jael will grab any party members ready to leave to provide a hand with the numerous horses and with packing the supplies onto the horses.
At both locations, Jael will inquire as to whether the shopkeeper/stable master/stable boy knows anything about Castle Rivenroar.

View user profile

167 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm ready to move out immediately, we can figure out what is going on when we arrive at this castle.

View user profile

168 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:20 am

Squarfly

"Onward we shall go"




I follow Jael!

View user profile

169 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:10 pm

Vim

Just shrug, and follow Jael and Squarfly.

View user profile

170 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:58 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
The Wilderness

After some quick preparations, the group is ready to set off. Exiting the town at the south gate, the trail that the goblins used is easily seen and the journey begins. With the horses, you make good time at first, but soon the trail falls off deeper into the woods. The horses begin acting a bit skittish, not used to this unnatural environment. With some gentle coaxing and the promise of fresh carrots when you return to town, you continue down the trail, albeit at a slower pace.

By mid-afternoon you come upon the giant boulder the hobgoblin had mentioned. Exiting the woods to the right, you see that you have made it to the base of the mountains. After searching around for a few minutes, you pick up the trail again and follow it along the mountains. In a few short hours you come to the cavern. Entering the small passageway, you quickly hurry along to the other side. The cavern ends, leading you into a clearing that seems to be actually inside the mountains. In the center of the clearing sits a large structure that has definitely seen better days. At one point it must have been a glorious site, spanning three stories up into the air. Now, the broken gate and crumbling walls suggest that nothing has inhabited this place in a long while. This must be Castle Rivenroar.

The mountains block out the setting of the sun as you gaze at the remains of the castle. Nightfall comes quickly in this clearing it seems. The coming darkness seems to highlight the aches you have from riding all day.




The clearing is quite large, so you could either set up camp for the night a safe distance away from the castle, or continue onward to explore right now.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

171 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Soveliss
Soveliss stands off to the side of the group, quietly studying the castle from afar, glancing at them every so often, looking to see if they need to rest or if they wish to continue.

View user profile

172 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm not terribly familiar with these creatures, would we be at a disadvantage if we press on in the dark? If so I suggest we set up camp and proceed in the morning.

View user profile

173 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 am

"Agreed, let us find a suitable camp site."

Nature +4 Perception +9 to find a secluded, defensible campsite?

View user profile

174 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:36 am

Vim

"I suppose it would be wise to set camp. I know a bit about the wilderness, I may be able to help find a good camp site (+8 nature assist)." Vim takes another look at the castle, and considers its current inhabitants. (check to see if goblins usually sleep at night, not sure if this would be dungeoneering or nature. Skills are at 1 and 8 respectively) "We should consider a good time to attack when they wouldn't expect it."

Depending what I am able to discern I would either suggest that we attack at night if they sleep at night or at day if they are more active at night. However I also realize they should have lookouts regardless because they seem to be organized which I will note in my suggestion.

View user profile

175 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:33 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Outside Castle Rivenroar

While Soveliss keeps watch on the castle and Jael hunts around for a good place to start a fire, Vim and Garrek debate the idea of continuing onward. They come to the conclusion that the goblins are not unlike civilized creatures in that they probably keep to a regular schedule of sleeping at night. That being said, they would most likely have patrolling guards during the night, especially in a place they consider their home lair.

Vim then helps Jael with the camp and within a few minutes the two of them have procured a nice place for resting during the night.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

176 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:48 pm

Soveliss
Note to self: Purchase ritual components before setting off.

View user profile

177 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:57 am

Squarfly
I'll take first watch!




View user profile

178 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:35 am

Very well. After things are settled down, I shall rest so as to tend to the third watch.

View user profile

179 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Soveliss settles down on what seems to be a large pillow rather than a bedroll. Sitting like a genie, he runs his hands through the grass. Then a glossy look sets in his eyes, and he has entered a trance. He does not move or blink for the next 4 hours unless something happens that would catch his attention.

View user profile

180 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Nyx

"I'm still not sure why we're running errands, but if going to sleep gets us back to civilization all the quicker then let's get to it."

If possible I find a bush/shrubbery/some shadowy area to set down my pack and get some rest. Not sure if that'd be perception (+1) or stealth (+2). Also, while setting up I do some possibly magical hand motions and mumbling every now and again.

View user profile

181 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:56 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Castle Rivenroar

After setting up camp, you settle down for the night just as the last rays of the sun disappear behind the mountains. Watches go smoothly, and aside from the occasional tiny woodland creature running about, the night passes uneventfully.

After breaking down the camp, you head off into the remains of the castle. The inside looks exactly like you would expect from seeing the outside; interior walls have crumbled, the roof has fallen down in several places, and anything of value has long since disappeared. After searching around for awhile, you find, under an overturned bookshelf, some stairs leading downward. A faint flickering light comes up the stairs from the lower level.

Heading down, cautiously with weapons drawn, you enter a t-shaped room with three flail-wielding hobgoblins in its center. Braziers flank double doors on the north wall. Two goblins with crossbows stand in front of those doors.

Garrek, Jael, Soveliss, Squarfly:
Spoiler:
You can make out faint grooves in the floor underneath the braziers that extend to the south wall.


Code:

-->  19 Soveliss      20/20
-->  18 Squarfly      26/26
-->  17 Bruno         28/28
    14 Goblin A
    14 Goblin B
    11 Garrek        31/31
      9 Hobgoblin A
      9 Hobgoblin B
      9 Hobgoblin C
      7 Nyx          28/28
      5 Vim          40/40
      4 Jael          27/27



Combat Time!

The six of you in back are still on the stairs; moving onto a stair square will be difficult terrain. It might be hard to see on the current map, but the stairs are the 2x3 area furthest south on the map.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

182 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:39 pm

Soveliss
Flipping his sword around so as to call on the power of his orb, Soveliss mutters a quick incantation. Dancing daggers of force appear in the area with the hobgoblins, slicing and dicing.


Cloud of Daggers.
Area 1 square centered at square E6.
Attack Vs. Reflex:
6 to hit E7
13 to hit F7
17 to hit F6
Hit: 8 force damage
Cloud stays in place until the end of my next turn. Anyone who enters the cloud or begins its turn there takes 2 damage.

View user profile

183 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:47 pm

Garrek tilts his head to the side and cracks his neck, then strides forward to attack the Hobgoblins:

(Don't know if we care about avoiding meta-gaming to the point of hiding announced actions before it is our turn, actions hidden in case we do.)
Spoiler:

Once his turn comes around, Garrek will move forward to a position adjacent to the front rank of hobgoblins where he can use dragon breath on all three of them, then follow up with Myrmidon Formation against a previously attacked Hobgoblin if possible, but hitting all three Hobgoblins with the breath attack is the priority.

Dragon Breath:
2 + Str (+6) Vs. Reflex, close burst 3
1d6 + 4 acid damage.

Myrmidon Formation:
Str (+7) Vs. AC.
Hit: 2[d8]+4 damage.
Effect:
At the start of your next turn, Each ally adjacent to you gains 5 temporary HP.

View user profile

184 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:19 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
azmodean wrote:Garrek's actions

Actually, what I was doing was letting the PCs that act before the monsters all post their actions, then having the monsters go, updating the map to reflect the actions thus far, then having the new group of PCs post their actions, the next group of monsters, etc. It somewhat eliminates the issue of taking a daily to kill everything on the screen, only to find out that most of them have already been killed. And it makes moving a bit easier when you know where the monster will end up right before your turn.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

185 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:39 am

Squarfly shuffles past Jael, pounding her staff on the ground.


I move to J7, then use Thunder of Judgment on

18 + 5 = 23 vs B5 Fortitude 5 + 5 = 10 damage
14 + 5 = 19 vs B8 Fortitude 2 + 5 = 7 damage
19+ 5 = 24 vs any of the Hobgobs that survived (concentrating on the closest one that is alive and I will push it 3 squares away towards the left and away diagonal) 3 + 5 = 8 damage

Also the ones that I did in fact hit, they are dazed.


Also, If any of these guys attack me and hit ( and are within 5 of me), I will be using my Armor of Wrath, (5 radiant damage and get pushed away 2 squares, diagonally away)

View user profile

186 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:44 pm

Torment

avatar
Teh Eagleman
Bruno waverly walks towards the crowd of hobgoblins realizing the ogre mallet is still in his "pocket" releases it and trys to make a funny tune to empress them with!


Move : H4
Standard: Vicious Mockery
+4 V Will Ranged 10
Target B5
Damage: 1d6+4 Psychic Damage and the target takes a -2 Penalty to Attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

Sorry I haven't really been looking at this much I have been busy at school been having to stay here til 8-10PM 4 nights out of the week.

View user profile

187 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:31 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Beneath Castle Rivenroar

Springing into action, Soveliss uses his orb to summon thousands of tiny daggers around the hobgoblins. Two of them successfully block their tiny stabs, but the front one is not as lucky. The daggers continue to loom in the air, daring the hobgoblins to move.

Squarfly then steps forward and pounds her staff on the ground three times. With each pound a shockwave comes hurtling out, targeting the enemies. All three are hit by the waves, and the force is so great that the hobgoblin is thrown into the corner of the room. All three shake their heads a bit, clearly affected by the attack.

Bruno runs forward, pulls out the ogre mallet and begins making fun of the left goblin with a cheerful little tune. The goblin appears to be unaffected by the human bouncing up and down near him though. He instead glances at the goblin across the doorway, then throws it open. A horrible wrenching sound, that of unoiled gears and unused mechanisms, fills the room as the braziers begin to spin in place.

The other goblin takes aim at Squarfly and fires his hand crossbow. The bolt finds an open spot in her armor, piercing her skin.

Garrek rushes up, opens his mouth, and a giant glob of acid shoots forth over the hobgoblins. The front one manages to quickly duck as the acid flies over his head and hits his companion dead on. Garrek takes this opportunity to quickly strike at the front hobgoblin, but the swing cannot penetrate the creature's scale armor.

The braziers suddenly shift to life, moving towards the opposite wall. Unfortunately, there is an obstacle in the way - a hobgoblin. The left brazier bangs into the creature a bit, but fails to move further south. They must be on the same track, because the other one remains in place as well.

The hobgoblins, swatting in futility at the daggers as they get in some final stabs, then quickly assemble into a front-line formation, blocking entry further into the room. "Turn back, or be defeated!" one shouts as he leaps at Garrek with a flail. The weapon clips Garrek on his left leg, temporarily stunting his mobility. The hobgoblin glares at the dragonborn, daring him to attack.


Code:

    19 Soveliss      20/20
    18 Squarfly      17/26
    17 Bruno         28/28
    14 Goblin A      10 Damage  Dazed til next 18
    14 Goblin B      7 Damage    Dazed til next 18
    11 Garrek        26/31      Marked by Hobgoblin B til next 9, Slowed til next 9
      9 Hobgoblin A  16 Damage  Dazed til next 18
      9 Hobgoblin B  2 Damage
      9 Hobgoblin C  11 Damage
-->  7 Nyx          28/28
-->  5 Vim          40/40
-->  4 Jael          27/27




Soveliss attacks Hobgoblin A with Cloud of Daggers, hitting with a 17 Reflex for 8 Force damage.
Soveliss attacks Hobgoblin B with Cloud of Daggers, missing with a 13 Reflex.
Soveliss attacks Hobgoblin C with Cloud of Daggers, missing with a 6 Reflex.
Squarfly attacks Goblin A with Thunder of Judgment, hitting with a 23 Fortitude for 10 damage, dazing him.
Squarfly attacks Goblin B with Thunder of Judgment, hitting with a 19 Fortitude for 7 damage, dazing him.
Squarfly attacks Hobgoblin A with Thunder of Judgment, hitting with a 24 Fortitude for 8 damage, pushing him 3 squares and dazing him.
Bruno attacks Goblin A with Vicious Mockery, missing with a 12 Will.
Goblin B attacks Squarfly with Hand Crossbow, hitting with a 20 AC for 9 damage.
Garrek attacks Hobgoblin B with Dragon Breath, missing with a 14 Reflex.
Garrek attacks Hobgoblin C with Dragon Breath, hitting with a 19 Reflex for 9 Acid damage.
Garrek attacks Hobgoblin B with Myrmidon Formation, missing with a 11 AC.
Hobgoblin B takes 2 damage from Cloud of Daggers.
Hobgoblin C takes 2 damage from Cloud of Daggers.
Hobgoblin B attacks Garrek with Flail, hitting with a 24 AC for 5 damage, slowing and marking him.

Armor of Wrath didn't trigger for Squarfly because the goblin was more than 5 away from you.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

188 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Jael


Assuming all of my information is correct:
Oath of Enmity vs Hobgoblin B (F7)
Move to F8 (K7->J7->I7->H8->G9->F8 to avoid Opportunity Attacks)
Avenging Echo vs Hobgoblin B (F7):
Wisdom (+7) vs. AC 1d10+4 damage
Roll 2 dice to attack due to Oath and only adjacent enemy.
Use Memory of A Thousand Lifetimes (after learning result of to hit roll use to add 1d6 to the result) if the swing misses and I could reasonably expect a d6 more to cause it to hit.

Avenging Echo
Encounter ✦ Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 1[W](1d10) + Wisdom modifier (4) damage. Until the end of
your next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to
you or that hits or misses you takes 5 radiant damage.
Censure of Retribution: The radiant damage equals 5 +
your Intelligence modifier(3).

And as I am diagonally adjacent to Garrek, I will gain 5 temp HP at the start of his turn.

If any of my assumptions are wrong (and I would know that) let me know how and I will revise my action.

View user profile

189 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:33 pm

Squarfly

Squarfly yells, "Do not tax yourself too much allies, for I have a plan!"


I'll be using my daily on these guys (I can hit 5 or 6 of them depending on if you count the brazier as an emeny) and I will action point to move away back to where I started.

View user profile

190 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Not to be too nitpicky here, but hobgoblin A should have taken 2 damage for moving into my cloud of daggers when it got into formation in square F5.

View user profile

191 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Vim

"Can anyone make out what the moving braziers will do?"

Move action: Move to G6
Standard Action: Strength of earth against F7, +6 to attack, 1d10+4 damage, +4 temp hitpoints. 18+6=24 to hit, 8+4=12 damage
Free Action: Nature's Wrath and I will mark all three hobgoblins.

View user profile

192 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Torment

avatar
Teh Eagleman
RandMuadDib wrote:Not to be too nitpicky here, but hobgoblin A should have taken 2 damage for moving into my cloud of daggers when it got into formation in square F5.

Could have just went around it.. not like there was anything impeding it to not do so.

View user profile

193 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Torment wrote:
RandMuadDib wrote:Not to be too nitpicky here, but hobgoblin A should have taken 2 damage for moving into my cloud of daggers when it got into formation in square F5.

Could have just went around it.. not like there was anything impeding it to not do so.

No, F5 is one of the affected squares.


RandMuadDib wrote:
Cloud of Daggers.
Area 1 square centered at square E6.

View user profile

194 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:14 pm

right, square he stopped his movement in is within the spell.

View user profile

195 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:03 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Actually, we're both reading the spell wrong. It's only 1 square, not a burst 1. Since the damage is already in place on the hobgoblins, we'll just move forward from this point, but it's not actually a large area/movement impeding spell as previously thought.

Unless you have some feat that's expanding its area that I'm not seeing.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

196 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:24 am

You're right. I was under the impression that cloud of daggers and Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation had the same wording for the area. Last encounter i was corrected on the area of Detonation, so i thought the same applied here. After checking the books, my power cards, and the compendium, it turns out they don't have the same wording. My bad.

View user profile

197 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Nyx

"Lesser beings should know when to scurry away."

------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure the correct wording of holding my action in 4e, but I want to hold my actions until after Vim's turn.
Move action to J6, which should trigger my Shadow Walk I believe,
minor action Warlock's Curse F5 (Hobgoblin A),
and finally an Eldritch Blast to hobgoblin A at F5 for my standard action.

Warlock's Curse
Target F5

Eldritch Blast Ranged 10
Target F5
Charisma(+4) vs Reflex
1d10+4(Cha) damage
+1d6 damage from Warlock's Curse


Apologies to all for taking so long. I lost the password to get my character sheet and my saved sheet is somehow no longer compatible with my character builder.

View user profile

198 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:01 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Beneath Castle Rivenroar

Vim runs up to the front line, and using the force of the earth to guide him, swings his weapon into a hobgoblin for a direct hit. He then gazes from hobgoblin to hobgoblin.

Nyx steps forward, slipping into shadows as he does so. He focuses his energy on the left hobgoblin, then lets loose a blast of dark energy that completely envelops the creature, momentarily shrouding him from sight. When the energy dissapates, several open cuts and wounds can be seen on his body.

Jael studies one of the hobgoblins for a bit, then rushes forward to attack it. Unfortunately the swing is not great enough to pierce through the creature's armor.

Vim's unanswered question about the braziers is quickly answered, as a sudden bout of flame erupts from the left one to the right one. Directly in its path are two goblins. One is quick enough to duck down to escape with a few singed hairs, but the other takes a torrent of flame to the face.


Code:

-->  19 Soveliss      20/20
-->  18 Squarfly      17/26
-->  17 Bruno         28/28
    14 Goblin A      11 Damage  Dazed til next 18
    14 Goblin B      11 Damage  Dazed til next 18
    11 Garrek        26/31      Marked by Hobgoblin B til next 9, Slowed til next 9
      9 Hobgoblin A  36 Damage  Dazed til next 18, Marked by Vim til next 5, Cursed by Nyx, Bloodied
      9 Hobgoblin B  20 Damage  Marked by Vim til next 5, Oathed by Jael
      9 Hobgoblin C  11 Damage  Marked by Vim til next 5
      5 Vim          40/40 4 Temp
      5 Nyx          28/28      Concealed until next 5
      4 Jael          27/27




Vim attacks Hobgoblin B with Strength of Earth, hitting with 24 AC and dealing 12 damage.
Vim marks Hobgoblin A, B, and C.
Nyx curses Hobgoblin A.
Nyx attacks Hobgoblin A with Eldritch Blast and crits, dealing 20 damage, bloodying it.
Jael oaths Hobgoblin B.
Jael attacks Hobgoblin B with Avenging Echo, missing with 11 AC.
Brazier attacks Goblin A, hitting with 21 Reflex for 1 Fire damage.
Brazier attacks Goblin B, hitting with 15 Reflex for 4 Fire damage.

It's still called delay, so now Nyx acts directly after Vim in combat.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

199 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:48 am

Soveliss
Soveliss's eyes narrow, and in a voice that sounds nearly demonic, he says one word: "Burn."

a 3x3 square of fire erupts behind the hobgoblins, setting them ablaze.

Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation on E6. Area 1 burst within 10 squares.
Hob A: 23 vs. Reflex
Hob B: 11 vs. Reflex
Hob C: 15 vs. Reflex
Those that were hit take 10 force damage and get knocked prone. Enemies that begin their turn or enters the burst area around E6 take 2 fire damage. The zone lasts until the end of my next turn.

I also make a trained Arcana check (7 + 14 = 21) to see if the obviously magical contraption should have a way to turn off, with a switch or lever or button or command word or a cold attack or something.



Last edited by RandMuadDib on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Arcana check to list of actions.)

View user profile

200 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:43 am

The Minister wrote:

Jael attacks Hobgoblin B with Avenging Echo, missing with 11 AC.

That is some crazy unlucky rolling... having a 4 be the best of 2 d20 rolls... eh.. had to happen eventually

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum