The Ministry of Groove

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rescue at Rivenroar

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

51 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:38 am


What is the H in H14? The flavor text didn't mention another hobgoblin and I thought we killed them all.

View user profile

52 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:45 am

The Minister wrote:
The one engaging Vim drops to the floor, dead, but the other two hold their ground.

Yeah I agree. I thought that Hobgoblin was dead directly in front of me. Assuming he is alive can you count my move as a shift, I only moved only 1 square. Also I forgot about the mechanics of my marking can I have it so I marked everyone adjacent to me not just goblin in front of me. It counts as a free action. So it won't mess with the my turn at all.

View user profile

53 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:01 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
The Antler and Thistle

Jael stares at the goblin that just threw his torch onto the table. Their eyes lock for a brief instant, and in that moment they each know that through the power of Ioun, their fates are forever bound together. She then rushes up to him and draws her sword, aiming to deal a mighty blow to the little creature. Her blade swings true, catching the goblin directly across his chest, and the sword glows brightly as it cuts into him. The goblin looks badly cut and bloodied.

Vim steps forward and lets loose a warrior's scream, one that encourages the goblins to take notice of him. He heaves his broadsword as if it were made of stone directly into the creature in front of him, which easily passes through its armor. As the blow connects, leaving the goblin looking about as bad as his partner in crime, Vim can feel power from the earth seeping into him, re-invigorating him.

The remaining patrons continue to scream, especially now that several fires are going in the building. They head towards the exit as the card players continue to scoop up whatever money they can. The bartender, seeing that his escape route is now blocked off by fire, circles around the front of the bar and out the back door, screaming "Fire! Fire! Fire in the tavern!"

Three more hobgoblins then suddenly appear at the front door. Their eyes burn with an unnatural light as they see the fires beginning to spread. "Ha ha, surely this night will be our glorious moment!" One steps forward and swings at Jael, but Ioun's protection blocks the sword from ever connecting. Another walks up to Vim with his longsword out, and connects again. Vim feels the power that he had drawn from the earth drain out of him.


NameHit PointsStatus
Goblin Blackblade (G15)13 damageBloodied, Marked by Vim
Goblin Blackblade (H15)14 damageBloodied, Marked by Vim, Oathed by Jael
Jael27/27 4 Temp HP
Vim34/40
Human Rabble
Hobgoblin Grunt (F15)
Hobgoblin Grunt (G16)
Hobgoblin Grunt (H16)
--->Squarfly26/26
--->Nyx28/28
--->Soveless20/20
--->Bruno28/28



Jael oaths Goblin in H15 and hits, dealing 14 radiant damage, bloodying him.
Vim marks Goblins in H15 and G15 and hits G14 for 13 damage, bloodying him, gaining 4 temp HP.
Patrons run for the exit.
Hobgoblin in H16 misses Jael.
Hobgoblin in F15 hits Vim for 5 damage.

There was no hobgoblin still alive, slip of the photoshop, so I just played our your actions as you had them posted before the issue of ghost hobgoblin came up.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

54 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:29 pm

The Minister wrote:

Hobgoblin in H16 misses Jael.

And takes 3 (int mod) radiant damage due to Bond of Retribution. As a side note, should we be posting all the secondary effects like that when we use our powers?




Oh, and I get +1 to all defenses vs attacks from bloodied creatures(at all times due to racial ability, not due to a power used). Not sure how well the char sheet captures that.



Last edited by Sean on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

55 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:42 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Sean wrote:
And takes 3 (int mod) radiant damage due to Bond of Retribution. As a side note, should we be posting all the secondary effects like that when we use our powers?




Oh, and I get +1 to all defenses vs attacks from bloodied creatures. Not sure how well the char sheet captures that.

Yeah, it would be cool if you could post secondary effects like that, I completely forgot about it. He dies as soon as his sword fails to hit you.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

56 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:44 pm

How big is the fireplace in the middle? I'm confused on if the whole block reaches the ceiling or not, since I'm going to have to do some maneuvering soon and I'll need line of sight.

Edited because yay reading comprehension.

View user profile

57 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:48 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
VB wrote:How big is the fireplace in the middle? I'm confused on if the whole block reaches the ceiling or not, since I'm going to have to do some maneuvering soon and I'll need line of sight.

The fireplace is pretty low save for the center square which reaches to the ceiling. You can make out the creatures entering the tavern, although they do have cover from your current location.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

58 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:02 pm

Jael

"Someone, please, douse the flames! I believe my Goliath friend here and I can keep the scum busy."

View user profile

59 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:12 pm

Vim

"If the fire spreads out to quickly this fight may be a lost cause."


Can I see past the goblins and see if there is anymore goblins outside?

View user profile

60 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:26 pm


How long will it take to put out a fire in a square? (minor action/standard/ what?) Can we do it with our feet or something or must we find something?

View user profile

61 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:30 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Standard action to put out the fire in one square, minor action to contain the fire in one square so it won't spread further this round.

Vim tries to peer beyond the goblins and notices some people running about outside, but can't make out what race they are. It sounds quite chaotic out there at the moment.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

62 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Torment

avatar
Teh Eagleman

Standard:

Vicious Mockery Ranged 10
Target H15
+4 (Charisma) V. Will
1d6+4(Cha) Psychic

Target takes -2 to Attack rolls til the End of my Next Turn.



Last edited by Torment on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

63 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Squarfly
Squarfly yells, "The Fires Shall Subside!" while rushing towards the bar, which at any moment could turn this place into one large molotov cocktail.


I spend two move actions to move to C7 and a minor action to contain the flames.

Note: My AC is now back to 16

View user profile

64 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:12 pm

Nyx

"Just as things are falling into place-."

--------------------------------------------

I use my standard action to cast ghost sound, creating a voice slightly above normal volume centered in N4. The voice says "Are you mad? If you don't drop everything and leave now you'll burn to death and lose everything! Hurry and perhaps you'll still have your life tomorrow. Go go go!" I then use my move action to walk over to N9 and finally use my minor action to Warlock's Curse the Hobgoblin at H16.

View user profile

65 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:31 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
The Antler and Thistle

As the hobgoblin's blade passes in front of Jael, bright light shoots from her body, engulfing the hobgoblin and killing him instantly.

Squarfly quickly runs behind the bar and begins sweeping away the flamable bottles of alcohol away from the fire. It looks like this will contain the fire for the time being, but then she sees puddles of various drinks on the surface of the cabinent, remnants of spills throughout the day. Unless she acts quickly, the entire cabinet might go up at any second.

The voice above the table visibly confuses the card players. They pause a moment in their greedy tirade to give each other glances. Nyx then runs toward the front of the tavern and mutters some words directed at the nearest goblin.

Soveless utters some words and suddenly hundreds of tiny daggers manifest in the air around the far goblin. He manages to dodge their attacks, but they linger, ready to stab if disturbed. The elf then rushes over to the flaming table, and drawing from some inner strength, casts another spell. There is the sound of a large waterfall as about a gallon of water manifests on the ceiling, dropping on to the table and quenching the fire with a loud hissing sound.

Bruno turns his attention to the other goblin, hurtling insult after insult about his "Schawasenstucke," but the goblin manages to shrug off his words.

The goblins step away from the goliath, light another torch, and toss them onto the unoccupied tables, seemingly paying no attention to their wounds, instead giggling with delight.


Code:

    Goblin Blackblade (F16) 13 damage      Bloodied, Marked by Vim
    Goblin Blackblade (I14) 14 damage      Bloodied, Marked by Vim, Oathed by Jael, Cursed by Nyx
---> Jael                    27/27 4 Temp HP
---> Vim                    34/40       
    Human Rabble
    Hobgoblin Grunt (F15)
    Hobgoblin Grunt (G16)
    Squarfly                26/26
    Nyx                    28/28
    Soveless                20/20   
    Bruno                  28/28



Squarfly contains the fire in C8.
Nyx curses Goblin in I14 (H16 is actually dead, and you have to curse the closest visible target.)
Soveless attacks Hobgoblin in G15 and misses, but fills the square with daggers.
Soveless quenches fire in N12.
Bruno attacks Goblin in H15 and misses.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

66 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 pm

Jael

Shift to I15

Avenging Echo Vs. I14
Wisdom (+7) (Roll twice for Oath)vs. AC 1d10+4 damage
Until the end of my next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to
me or that hits or misses me takes 8 radiant damage.

If the result would miss, use Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes (roll 1d6 and add it to the attack roll result)

If he drops, minor to Oath the other goblin and should anyone attack my Oath with an encounter power (or daily) use Divine Guidance (they get to roll a second attack roll and use the better (technically they choose, but if they pick to use the worse roll...)


View user profile

67 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:17 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
The Antler and Thistle

Jael steps up to the goblin nearest her, and with a devastating swing of the blade, cuts the creature neatly in two. She then locks eyes with the remaining goblin.

Vim grits his teeth as he walks forward into the cloud of daggers and feels the slightest pinch, like that of several mosquito bites as the daggers swarm over his body. He ignores them, summons some earth power, and heaves his sword at the other goblin. It connects and the goblin falls lifeless to the ground. The power remains within Vim, giving him more endurance for the fight.

The card players, bewildered by the voice, immediately run for the back door. Although most of the coins from the table are safely tucked away in coin pouches and pockets, a few dribble out onto the floor around the table as they make a hasty departure.

The hobgoblins circle around Vim and strike at him almost simultaneously. Their blades fall far short of doing any damage, though.


Code:

    Jael                    27/27 4 Temp HP
    Vim                    32/40 4 Temp HP     
    Human Rabble
    Hobgoblin Grunt (F15)                  Marked by Vim
    Hobgoblin Grunt (H15)                  Marked by Vim
---> Squarfly                26/26
---> Nyx                    28/28
---> Soveless                20/20   
---> Bruno                  28/28



Jael crits Goblin in I14, dealing 14 damage, killing it. Nyx's pact boon triggers.
Jael oaths Goblin in F16.
Vim moves and takes 2 damage from the cloud.
Vim attacks Goblin in F16 and hits, dealing 11 damage, killing it.
Vim gains 4 Temp HP.
Vim marks Hobgoblins in F15 and G16.
Hobgoblin in F15 misses Vim.
Hobgoblin in H15 misses Vim.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

68 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:23 pm

Sean wrote:

Until the end of my next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to
me or that hits or misses me takes 8 radiant damage.

The Minister wrote:

Hobgoblin in F15 misses Vim.

And takes 8 radiant damage for ending its turn next to me

View user profile

69 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Squarfly

Squarfly yells, "These flames must be quenched or we will perish!"


I use a standard move to put out the flames in front of me (C8) Then I move to C12, ending my turn

View user profile

70 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Right. Damn Avengers. There is only one hobgoblin left at the moment.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

71 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Nyx
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Double move to G11 and use my minor action to prevent the fire from spreading.

View user profile

72 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 am

Torment

avatar
Teh Eagleman
Move: 14H
Standard:

Guided Strike
+8 Vs. AC
Targetting H15
1d8+4 And the target takes a -2 Penalty to a defense of my choice (AC) until the end of my next turn.

View user profile

73 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:50 am

Soveliss

*Sighs*


Move to F13 and prestidigitate the fire in G12 out.

View user profile

74 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:30 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
The Antler and Thistle

With only seconds before the entire back cabinet turns into a giant bonfire, Squarfly has to think quickly. She glances around, then spots a bucket under the bar, filled with what she hopes is just water. She grabs it and pours the contents on the fire. To her relief, it is pure water, and the fire goes out.


Nyx runs over to the closest fire and, lacking any sort of way to put it out, starts slapping at the table with his cloak, trying to keep the flames under control. Soveless, seeing the gnome struggle a bit with his task, sighs deeply. "Let me help you with that," the elf says, and another downpour of water appears from the ceiling, quenching the flames just as the daggers disappear into a puff of smoke.

With most of the fires out, Bruno keeps his attention on the enemies. He unsheathes his sword for the first time and swings at the hobgoblin, singing a little song as he does so. The music guides his blade directly into the creature, and it falls to the floor, dead.

Not soon after that, the bartender returns through the front door, carrying a bucket of water. "Try to burn down my tavern will they?" he mutters as he throws the water on the remaining fire. He turns to the group. "Thanks for tha help. Name's Jervis by tha way."




Congratulations on finishing the first combat. You can now take a short rest and spend any healing surges to regain hit points.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

75 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:19 am

Soveliss will enjoy his short rest by going back to his spot at the bar and continuing his meal, which hasn't even gotten cold. He does do a quick spell to chill his whiskey though, which he then finishes quickly.

View user profile

76 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:50 am

I wander back to the card player's table and gather whatever coins are left.

View user profile

77 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:13 am

Somebody please loot the corpses?

View user profile

78 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:36 am

Jael

I go about searching the bodies, gathering anything that appears useful, but more specifically looking for markings or notes.

"Jervis, the goblins called out the name Sinruth, do you recognize it?"

View user profile

79 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:31 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
The Antler and Thistle

Nyx gathers up 20 gp of coins from the table in the corner.

Jael begins checking out the dead bodies while Jervis postulates a response. "Erm, nah, Can't say that I've heard that name before. Maybe it's one of their filthy gods." He sees Jael searching the bodies. "Say, you wouldn't mind helping me drag these things outside? No need to sully up the floor anymore then it's been already."

Jael finds only standard equipment on the goblinoids.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

80 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:52 am

I am going to take a look outside and help dragging the bodies.


I am going to be gone all day, just assume I tag along with the party as it maybe begins to materialize. I will also share what I might see or know with the people in the Inn.

View user profile

81 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:05 am

Do I know the goblin gods, or recognize that name? Religion is +10 I think...

Jael begins dragging the body closest to the door outside.
"I will be back shortly, I need to make sure there are no more of them in town. Anyone who would help me in dealing with any more I find is more than welcome to join me."

I then rush off to the closer of the nearest guard post or any observation tower / elevated area where I think I could see the whole town.

View user profile

82 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:45 am

Vim
With a grin Vim surveys the aftermath of the battle. He then looks over to see who was hurt and who helped during. A little surprised that the weird bard who was begging him was among them, oh and someone that looked like a midget that he guessed is probably a gnome.

"Jael was it? I will join you, there may be more of those little bastards running around."


Help drag whatever bodies are left. Spend a healing sure, which brings me to full health. Then join Jael. I will also keep my weapon and shield drawn in case we run into more trouble.

View user profile

83 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Nyx

"A lead is a lead I suppose."
-------------------------------------------
Give the barkeep 5gp for damages. Then I'll wander out to the street and see if my streetwise can tip me off to any disturbances nearby before those two get out of shouting range.

Streetwise 9

View user profile

84 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:40 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Outside the Antler and Thistle

The group heads outside, dragging along the corpses of the goblin attackers. It takes a few minutes, but under Jervis' instructions, the bodies are finally piled away from the tavern so as not to cause a distraction. While she works, Jael ponders the name the goblins kept shouting out, but it doesn't seem familiar to her either.

While the task is being completed, it doesn't take much to notice that something else is happening in town. Presumably, this attack on the tavern was not an isolated incident. Shouts occasionally break the stillness of the night. Finally, the bodies are piled and the group is eager to move on and help where they are needed. You're just about to move out when you hear the rumbling of footsteps coming from the east. Out from around the corner comes a giant throng of villagers, running for their lives. The question of what they are running from is answered a few moments later: A full-grown ogre with a wooden barrel in his left hand and a club in his right, is chasing them, although something seems to be impeding its movement. That answer becomes clear as a large wagon comes into view from around the corner, carrying several more wooden barrels and two hobgoblins wielding longbows. The arrows appear to be on fire, and the hobgoblins shoot them haphazardly into buildings along the street as they are carried forward by the ogre who has been yoked to the wagon.


Code:

--->18  Soveless    20/20 
--->18  Jael        27/27
--->17  Vim          40/40
--->14  Nyx          28/28
--->12  Squarfly    26/26
--->10  Bruno        28/28
    8    Ogre
    8    Hobgoblins



Gray is buildings, can't walk through these. Green is low-lying hedges, difficult terrain (2 squares of movement) but they're too low to provide cover unless you drop prone behind them. Brown is the street. The wagon is 2 by 3 squares and occupies the 6 squares directly behind the ogre, but I haven't connected this super cool torrent of stuff for map tool yet, so just pretend it's there until I get that working.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

85 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Torment

avatar
Teh Eagleman
Ooohhh POWERFUL THIGHS! ..... but your so ugly, and you have ugly friends!




Move : J10

Standard

Vicious Mockery
Ranged 10
Target : D5 (Unless He has Cover) if he does then the Ogre
+4 V Will

1d6+4 and takes a -2 to Attack Rolls until the End of my Next Turn.

Note to Others: Fire Arrows means this is going to mean a shit ton of "save ends" unless you get them down quick. and that ogre probably has a larger reach.

View user profile

86 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:22 am

Soveliss
"So much for getting a good night's rest." He then draws his sword, point down, orb up. Closing his eyes, he sticks the sword into the ground, and the ogre erupts into flames.


Minor: wield orb.
Standard: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation on square D7. +5 vs. reflex deals 1d6 + 5 force damage, and the ogre gets knocked prone.
This lasts until the end of my next turn. Anyone who starts their turn in or enters this square takes 2 points of fire damage.

I don't move.
Didn't mention this before, but i have Flaming Sphere prepared as my daily power. I'll start declaring which i have prepared after each extended rest.

P.S. mike, you can use my facebook picture for my token, cropping as necessary. Only the face and hair matter.

View user profile

87 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:05 am

Vim
In Giant(yes I took giant as my second language) "Stop! Bruno wants your Powerful thighs!"

Move Action: Move to G 7
Standard Action: Use my Standard Action to move right next to the ogre E 8
Minor Action: Stone's Endurance, Resists 5 of all damage until my next turn.
Free Action: Nature's Wrath and Mark Ogre
Action Point: Thunder Ram Assault Against Ogre in D 7
+6 Attack vs AC, 1d10+4 thunder damage
Earthstrength: Push the ogre back a number of spaces equal to my Con Mod (+4) however if possible I don't want to push the ogre.
Secondary Attack: Close Blast 3 +4 vs Fort, 1d6 thunder damage, and push the targets back 1 square.
Secondary Target: Each creature in blast.

Main Roll 17+6=23 vs Ac and whatever bonuses I get against a prone target if Sovelesses
Damage: 6+4=10
Secondary Attack Rolls: 2+4=6 vs Fort against the Ogre
19+4=23 vs fort against D5
7+4=11 vs fort against C5
Damage rolled a 1 for secondary attack:(
Also I'll use my perception to see if I can see what is in the barrels rolled a 13+1=14 perception

My Intent is to knock to Hobgoblins off the wagon with the blast hopefully, also I think moving to E 8 and attacking D7 should give me the right angle for my blast effect to hit all three. Check 272 in phb if you want to see what I'm trying to do.

View user profile

88 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:10 am

Nyx
"I'm beginning to see the pattern here."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Move to K8.
Minor Action Warlock's Curse the ogre.
Then Eldritch Blast the ogre.

Eldritch Blast Ranged 10
Target D8
Charisma(+4) vs Reflex
1d10+4(Cha) damage
+1d6 damage from Warlock's Curse

View user profile

89 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:54 am

Jael

"Leave now or perish!"



I can't see the map right now (work filter is blocking it). I will give meta instructions and you can take the action as is appropriate.

Minor: Oath the Ogre

Move: If I can get next to the ogre in a single move (6 squares) I will do that and use Avenging Echo if I cannot get there, I will move as close as I can get, and hit a hobgob with Radiant Vengeance

Standard: Radiant Vengeance
Wisdom (+4) vs. Reflex 1d8+4 Radiant damage and I gain 4 temporary hp

OR

Standard: Avenging Echo
Wisdom (+7) (Roll twice for Oath If I can get to a spot where he is the only enemy adjacent to me)vs. AC 1d10+4 damage
Until the end of my next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to
me or that hits or misses me takes 8 radiant damage.

If the result would miss (and not be horribly low enough where I don't think the d6 would help), use Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes (roll 1d6 and add it to the attack roll result)

Note: since I act second Vim's action won't have happened yet to open up options for getting the Oath double roll.

View user profile

90 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:53 am

Squarfly yells "GET OUT OF THE STREET, THEY MIGHT TRY AND RUN YOU OVER!" in common.

Squarfly moves into the bushes in front of herself and begins pounding her staff on the ground while saying "With Moradin's power, ye shall be judged!"


I move to L6 and use Thunder of Judgement targetting each of the 3 monsters.

D5 = 15 + 5 = 20 vs Fortitude damage = 2 + 5 (wis) + 3 (Wrath) = 10 and push 3 squares straight away from me (and I believe off of the cart...)
C5 = 1 + 5 = 6 vs Fortitude
Ogre = 2 + 5 = 7 vs Fortitude

View user profile

91 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:15 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Outside the Antler and Thistle

Soveless lets loose a ball of fire from his orb, which narrowly misses the ogre, landing on the ground next to him. It does succeed in dousing the area in flames though.

Jael runs forward, locking eyes with the ogre as she does so. She then turns her attention to one of the hobgoblins, sending a stream of light from her sword at the creature, but it passes harmless over his head.

Vim reaches to some inner strength, readies himself for battle, and runs forward into the fray. His sword connects against the ogre with a mighty smash. The impact of the blow radiates over to the hobgoblins on the cart, knocking one back into the barrels. Now that he's right up there, he can see that the barrels all have a black goopy substance leaking from their top, and the one in the ogre's hand has a small piece of rope sticking out of the top, which is currently lit. Vim can see that there are four other barrels like this on the back of the cart.

Nyx runs forward, mutters some words at the ogre, then lets loose a bolt of energy at it. His aim is off and the bolt fizzles out into the night sky.

Squarfly steps forward and invokes the power of Moradin on the enemies. The only one affected is the front hobgoblin, but the blast carries him off his feet and the cart, landing in a hedge nearby.

The ogre, having locked eyes with Jael, chucks the barrel directly at her. The barrel is very heavy, though, and the ogre doesn't have good aim to begin with, so the barrel lands to her side, exploding upon contact. She easily dodges the shrapnel that comes flying at her.

The hobgoblin in the hedge jumps up and circles around the ogre, drawing his sights on Vim. He lets an arrow fly, connecting with the goliath.

The other hobgoblin lights another barrel and hands it to the ogre.


Code:

ROUND TWO
--->18  Soveless      20/20 
--->18  Jael          27/27
--->17  Vim            38/40
--->14  Nyx            28/28
--->12  Squarfly      26/26
--->10  Bruno          28/28
    8    Ogre          22 damage  Oathed by Jael, Marked by Vim, Cursed by Nyx
    8    Hobgoblin C5 
    8    Hobgoblin C10 11 damage



Soveless misses Ogre with a 10 Reflex, but AoE is in place.
Jael misses Hobgoblin with a 13 Reflex.
Vim hits Ogre with a 23 AC for 10 damage.
Vim misses Ogre with a 6 Fort
Vim hits Hobgoblin with a 23 Fort for 1 damage.
Vim misses Hobgoblin with a 11 Fort.
Nyx misses Ogre with a 14 Reflex.
Squarfly misses Ogre with a 7 Fort.
Squarfly misses Hobgoblin with a 6 Fort.
Squarfly hits Hobgoblin with a 20 Fort for 10 damage and pushes 3 squares.
Ogre takes 2 fire damage from the fire.
Ogre tosses barrel and misses Jael with 12 Reflex.
Vim hits Hobgoblin with a 20 Fort for 10 damage.
HobgoblinC10 hits Vim with a 26 AC for 7-5 = 2 damage.

Vim, I assume you take a strike at the ogre as he throws the barrel.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

92 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:35 pm

Soveliss
Drawing magic from the orb in hand, Soveliss uses his power to expand the fire. "Fear not my fire, friends, though those barrels may be of some concern!"

Then, moving up a few feet, another ball of fire streaks from his orb, landing directly between the hobgoblin on the cart and the ogre, where it stops. Flames lick out at the hobgoblin from the sphere.

Use Orb of Imposition (Free, Enc.) to expand Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation to a burst 3, centered on D7. The duration is now extended til the end of my next turn, and the fire doesn't affect my allies. Enemies who start their turn or move into the fire take 2 fire damage.

Then i move to square J6.

Then I cast Flaming Sphere (Standard, daily) on square C6. It attacks the hobgoblin (+5 vs. reflex, 2d6+5 fire damage). Anyone who starts their turn adjacent to the sphere takes 1d4+5 fire damage. I will be sustaining this as a minor action until the end of the encounter.



Last edited by RandMuadDib on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

93 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:38 pm

Squarfly

Squarfly says "From my staff flows but part of the rage Moradin feels for you!" As she points her staff at the hobgoblins, firing off 2 bolts at each monster.




I use Divine Bolts at each of the hobgoblins and use an action point to use Divine Bolts again.

C5 = 2 + 5 = 7 vs Reflex
c5 = 1 + 5 = 6 vs Reflex
C10 = 6 + 5 = 11 vs Reflex (if by CHANCE this hits...) 4 + 5 + 2 = 11 damage

C10 = 3 + 5 = 8 vs Reflex



Last edited by Squarf on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

94 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:40 pm

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation

Gouts of flame pulse from your orb and explode amid your enemies, setting the area alight and roasting them as they attempt to escape.
Encounter Arcane, Fire, Force, Implement, Zone
Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier force damage, and you knock the target prone.
Effect: The burst creates a zone of licking flames that lasts until the end of your next turn. Each enemy that enters the zone or starts its turn there takes 2 fire damage.
Orb of Imposition: You can extend the duration of this effect, even though it is not an at-will power. If you do so, the area expands to burst 3 and doesn’t affect you or your allies.

Burst 1 means you target an origin square, then every square within 1 of it is affected.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

95 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:43 pm

Sorry. Then its expanded to a burst 3 with Orb of Imposition.

View user profile

96 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:23 pm

Jael

"Survey says.... "(as Moving)
"...Perish!" (as attacking)




Move: Move to B8

Standard: Aspect of Might
Wisdom (+7(+2 for flanking)) (Roll twice due to Oath) vs. AC
Hit: 3d10+4 damage
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +5 power
bonus to Athletics checks, a +2 power bonus to speed,
and a +2 power bonus to the damage rolls of melee
attacks.

If the result would miss (and not be horribly low enough where I don't think the d6 would help), use Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes (roll 1d6 and add it to the attack roll result)

Action Point: Avenging Echo
Wisdom (+7 (+2 for flanking)) (Roll twice for Oath)vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+4(+2 from Aspect of Might) damage
Until the end of my next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to
me or that hits or misses me takes 8 radiant damage.

If I didn't use it for the previous attack and for this one the result would miss (and not be horribly low enough where I don't think the d6 would help), use Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes (roll 1d6 and add it to the attack roll result)

View user profile

97 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:45 am

Vim

Once more I continue taunting the ogre in giant saying something about him being fat and worthless and how Bruno probably slept with his dad.

In this order...

Standard Action: Strength of Stone
+6 vs AC, 1d10 4 Damage, 4 temp hit points
Move Action: shift to E 9
Free Action: Nature's Wrath to both the Ogre and The Hobgoblin

d20 14+6+2(flanking)=22
d10 1+4=5



For warden's fury be sure to include combat advantage.



Last edited by Knisleyisadick on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

98 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:31 am

Nyx
"Stars guide my aim."
---------------------------------------------------------
Move Action: Move to I10, activating Shadow Walk.
Minor Action: Warlocks Curse hobgoblin at C10, or if that one somehow dies, the other hobgoblin at C.
Standard Action: Dreadful Word the hobgoblin at C10.

Dreadful Word
Encounter
Standard action Range 5
Charisma(+4) vs Will
2d8+4 psychic damage, and the target takes a -1 penalty to Will defense until the end of your next turn.
Star Pact: The penalty to Will defense is equal to 1 + your Int modifier(+2).

End result if it hits will be 2d8+4 psychic damage and a -3 penalty to Will defense I believe.


Shadow Walk
On your turn, if you move at least 3 squares away from where you started your turn, you gain concealment until the end of your next turn.

I've been forgetting about Shadow Walk, but now that I looked at it again I'm going to remember it more-especially with explosives being thrown around.

View user profile

99 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:51 am

Vim

"Is it possible for someone to light the barrels on fire that are still on the wagon!?"

View user profile

100 Re: Rescue at Rivenroar on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:52 am

The Minister

avatar
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
Sean, how is Jael getting to B8? The only path I'm seeing provokes an OA from the ogre.

View user profile http://tmog.forumotion.net

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum