The Ministry of Groove
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ministry of Groove

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opportunity Attacks

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Opportunity Attacks Empty Opportunity Attacks Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:37 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Question involving Opportunity attacks.

For creatures marked with abilities like a paladin's mark that damages them if they attack someone else, would a creature still take damage for opportunity attacks my guess is yes, but I'm just making sure.

2Opportunity Attacks Empty Re: Opportunity Attacks Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:51 pm

The Minister

The Minister
Broseidon, King of the Brocean

Knisleyisadick wrote:For creatures marked with abilities like a paladin's mark that damages them if they attack someone else, would a creature still take damage for opportunity attacks my guess is yes, but I'm just making sure.

Not sure if I really understand the question, but an opportunity attack counts as an attack, so it would trigger things such as the fighter's combat challenge, the paladin's extra damage, and the warden's special actions.

https://tmog.rpg-board.net

3Opportunity Attacks Empty Re: Opportunity Attacks Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

I Could have worded it better. But yes you did answer my question.

4Opportunity Attacks Empty Re: Opportunity Attacks Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Sean

Sean

As a hilarious side note, I absolutely love the combo of your character and mine. You have the ability to mark tons of enemies and make it harder for them to hit anyone else and punish them for trying. I have abilities that make it advantageous for me to run around provoking opportunity attacks and that punish enemies that hit or miss me (and punish my Oathed one if the non-oathed ones hit me).

5Opportunity Attacks Empty Re: Opportunity Attacks Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:39 pm

The Minister

The Minister
Broseidon, King of the Brocean

The interactions between several classes and the mark system is very combo-rific, and one of my favorite parts of 4e. Anything that forces an opponent to move from their square while they are marked by a fighter is hilarious. "Stay here and take certain damage, or shift away and possibly get hit for even more damage?"

https://tmog.rpg-board.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum